There is always first time for everything, including my travel experience. This time, for very first time, I travelled to other continent and I chose KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines) to fly me from Jakarta, Indonesia to Amsterdam, The Netherlands and then to Stockholm, Sweden with stopover around 1 hour at Kuala Lumpur.
The journey itself happened last year, almost a year ago but hopefully it’s still something worth to publish.
What happened next is I was in Europe for 18 days and travelled to several countries. Sweden was the first (and the last).
This trip also left me some remarkable points:
- Like post title, it was my first experience to Europe and other continent besides Asia.
- First ever using Airbnb accomodation service, it was a nice experience although there was a bit of misunderstanding in the very last accomodation in Stockholm.
- First ever tried to ride train acrossed three (3) countries in three hours: Netherlands, Belgium, and France by using Thalys train service.
- Visited Stockholm twice, Amsterdam three times in 18 days span.
- Visited Schipol Airport three times (when arrived and transitted to Stockholm, when I visited Amsterdam, arrived from Stockholm, and when I departured to my country another transit to Amsterdam).
- First ever tried to speak another language besides my native and English (when I visited Spain and no one seemed was able to speak English).
More on the next post.